Group news and events
February, 2020 - Philadelphia Materials Day
August, 2018 - Lab Social
April, 2018 - Philadelphia Science Festival
February 7, 2015 - Philadelphia Materials Day
October 22, 2014 - NanoDay@Penn: Jello Lasers!
August, 2014 - First group dinner!
- Aug, 2019. We are awarded a new grant from the NSF program on Designing Materials to Revolutionize and Engineer our Future (DMREF) to predict and identify new quantum defects, in collaboration with Rashid Zia at Brown and Michael Flatte at Iowa.
- July, 2019. Alex wins an NSF IIE-GIRE fellowship to conduct research at TU Delft in the Netherlands. Congratulations, Alex!
- June, 2019. We are awarded a Grainger Foundation Grant together with Andrew Tsourkas's group in Penn BE to research quantum theranostics.
- June, 2019. Our paper on a diamond immersion metalens is highlighted in Penn Medium.
- Jan, 2019. Our paper on spin-dependent quantum emission from hBN is selected as an Editor's Highlight in Nature Communications, and highlighted in IEEE Spectrum and Penn Medium.
- Sept, 2018, We are awarded a new RAISE-EQuIP grant from NSF to develop chip-scale quantum memories in collaboration with Firooz Aflatouni's group at Penn and Rashid Zia's group at Brown.
- June, 2018, David wins the chairman's teaching award for 2018 from the Physics Department. Congrats, David!
- May, 2018, Yung wins the best student presentation award at the NDNC 2018 conference for their talk on diamond metalenses.
- May, 2018, Congratulations to Ana on her graduation!
- Apr, 2018, Congratulations to incoming PhD student Sarah Thompson for winning an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship!
- Feb, 2018, Richard moves to a new position at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Farewell, Richard!
- Jan, 2018, Group alumna Annemarie Exarhos is hired as tenure-track faculty at Lafayette College. Congratulations, Annemarie!
- Nov, 2017, Richard & Yung's paper on diamond metalenses appears on arXiv.