Group news and events
August, 2018 - Lab Social
April, 2018 - Philadelphia Science Festival
February 7, 2015 - Philadelphia Materials Day
October 22, 2014 - NanoDay@Penn: Jello Lasers!
August, 2014 - First group dinner!
- Jan, 2019. Our paper on spin-dependent quantum emission from hBN is selected as an Editor's Highlight in Nature Communications.
- Sept, 2018, We are awarded a new RAISE-EQuIP grant from NSF to develop chip-scale quantum memories in collaboration with Firooz Aflatouni's group at Penn and Rashid Zia's group at Brown.
- June, 2018, David wins the chairman's teaching award for 2018 from the Physics Department. Congrats, David!
- May, 2018, Yung wins the best student presentation award at the NDNC 2018 conference for their talk on diamond metalenses.
- May, 2018, Congratulations to Ana on her graduation!
- Apr, 2018, Congratulations to incoming PhD student Sarah Thompson for winning an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship!
- Feb, 2018, Richard moves to a new position at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Farewell, Richard!
- Jan, 2018, Group alumna Annemarie Exarhos is hired as tenure-track faculty at Lafayette College. Congratulations, Annemarie!
- Nov, 2017, Richard & Yung's paper on diamond metalenses appears on arXiv.